Bake or fry these Bang Bang Shrimp eggrolls to make an irresistible gluten-free snack.
- 1 package of GeeFree Puff Pastry Dough
- gluten-free flour for dusting
- 1 lb. pre-cooked shrimp, chopped
- 2 cups pre-shredded cabbage mix
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 10-15 slices pepper jack cheese
- Bang Bang Sauce (see below)
- 1 egg, slightly beaten for egg wash
- vegetable oil for frying
Ingredients for Bang Bang Sauce
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Bring dough to room temperature. Heat oil to 375°F.
- For sauce, add all ingredients in a jar/bowl and stir until combined. Cover and place in refrigerator till ready to use.
- Mix cabbage, shrimp and green onions then put aside.
- Dust counter with gluten-free flour. Take dough and roll it out to approximately 1/4 inch thick.
- Cut 4x4-inch squares (you can make them larger or smaller) then dollop about 1 teaspoon of sauce in middle. Put a small piece of cheese and then add the cabbage mixture. Don’t overstuff the eggrolls.
- Brush edges with egg wash and fold dough as an eggroll. Make sure there are no openings.
- Fry in oil for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown. Drain on paper towel to remove excess oil.
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- After eggrolls are formed, place on a greased sheet pan and egg wash the tops.
- Bake for approximately 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
Serve with additional sauce.
Makes 10-15 eggrolls