Ideal for an outdoor meal or for after-school snacks, these gluten-free chicken picnic pies are sure to delight!
- 1 package of GeeFree Puff Pastry Dough
- gluten-free flour for dusting
- 3/4 lb chicken, ground
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 tablespoon butter, unsalted
- 1 1/2 tablespoon gluten-free flour
- 1 cup milk (any type)
- 1/2 teaspoon chicken stock powder
- 1/2 cup leeks, chopped (white part)
- 1 oz blue cheese, crumbled
- 1 egg, lightly beaten for egg wash
- vegetable oil for frying
- sandwich sealer (optional)
- Bring dough to room temperature. Heat oil to 375°F.
- In a medium-sized saucepan, dry fry chicken and bacon until cooked, then set aside.
- Melt butter in a sauce pan (you can use the same one, just remove the chicken mixture).
- Dust counter with gluten-free flour. Take dough and roll it out to approximately 1/4-inch thick.
- Cut into rounds or squares then take about a tablespoon of filling and put in the center of the dough. Brush edges with egg wash and place another round on top. Press edges tightly. You can use a cut-and-seal press as well.
- Fry in oil for 2 minutes or until golden brown. Drain on paper towel to remove excess oil.
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- After pies are formed, place on a greased sheet pan and egg wash the tops.
- Bake for approximately 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.
You can freeze and reheat as needed. Heat oven to 375°F bake until internal temp of 165°F is reached, approximately 15 to 20 minutes.
Makes 10-15 pies