Serve this decadent crab rangoon recipe as an appetizer or surprise party guests with this special gluten-free treat!
- 1 package of GeeFree Puff Pastry Dough
- gluten-free flour for dusting
- 5 oz drained crab meat (fresh if you have access to it)
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons scallion, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1 egg, lightly beaten for egg wash
- oil for frying
- your choice of dipping sauces such as chili sauce, duck sauce, or Sriracha
- Bring dough to room temperature. Meanwhile heat oil to 375°F.
- Make filling first. In a medium bowl, mix crab meat, cream cheese, scallion, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, sesame oil, and salt until combined.
- Dust the countertop with gluten-free flour. Take dough and roll it out to approximately 1/8-inch thick. Cut into squares.
- Take a small amount of filling and put in the center of the square. Brush edges with egg wash and fold into a triangle. Press edges.
- Fry in oil for 2 minutes or until golden brown. Drain on paper towel to remove excess oil.
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- After triangles are formed, place on a greased sheet pan and egg wash the tops of the wontons.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes or until golden brown.
Makes 20-30 wontons