Filled with blueberries or apple butter, these gluten-free heart pies make adorable tokens of your love — on Valentine's Day or any day!
- 1 package of GeeFree Puff Pastry Dough
- gluten-free flour for dusting
- blueberry pie filling or apple butter
- 1 egg, lightly beaten for egg wash
- vegetable oil for frying
- sandwich sealer
- heart-shaped cookie cutters
- Bring puff pastry dough to room temperature. Heat oil to 375°F.
- Dust counter with gluten-free flour. Take dough and roll it out to approximately 1/4-inch thick.
- Using the sealer or cookie cutters, cut to desired shape. Then take about 1 tablespoon of filling and put in the center of the dough. Brush edges with egg wash and place another round on top. Press edges tightly.
- Fry in oil for 2 minutes or until golden brown. Drain on paper towel to remove excess oil.
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- After pies are formed, place on a greased sheet pan and egg wash the tops.
- Bake for approximately 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.
Makes 10 to 15 pies