Bursting with fall flavor and color, these gluten-free apple, pear, and plum puff pastries are the perfect autumn treats. They're ideal for your gluten-free Thanksgiving table!
For the Filling
- 7 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- ½ cup sugar (granulated)
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup almond flour
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon almond extract
- pinch of salt
For the Pastries
- 1 package Geefree puff pastry
- gluten-free flour for dusting
- 6-8 apples
- 6-8 pears
- 2 plums
- 2 egg yolks for egg wash
- Bring dough to room temperature.
- For the filling: In a medium bowl, mix butter and sugar together until fluffy. Add egg, beating well until incorporated. Stir in almond flour, vanilla extract, almond extract, and salt. Mix well. Set aside while cutting the pastry.
- For the pastries: Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a sheet with parchment paper and spray lightly with cooking spray.
- Dust the countertop. Take dough and fold in half then half again. Roll it out to approximately ¼” thick.
- With a paring knife, cut the puff pastry dough into apple, pear, and plum shapes, using the size of your fruit as a guideline. Cut out a stem and leaf for each puff pastry and add to each “fruit”. Place in the refrigerator to chill while you prepare the fruit.
- Slice fruit thinly, keeping in mind the shape of the pastries.
- Remove puff pastry fruits from the refrigerator. Top them with a teaspoon of almond filling, then place fruit slice lengthwise over top mimicking the shape of the fruit arranging them in parallel rows on the sheet pan. Leave about ¼” border around the outside to allow the puff to rise.
- Brush edge with egg wash.
- Bake the pastries for 15-20 minutes until browned and bubbling.