- 1 18-oz. package GeeFree puff pastry dough
- 6 strips bacon, chopped (use any kind you prefer)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 1/2 cups mushrooms, chopped (use any kind you prefer)
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 to 2 cloves of garlic, chopped (depending on your taste)
- 5 large eggs
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (or none depending on your taste)
Take the dough out of freezer the night before and place it in the refrigerator. When you’re ready to start the recipe, take the dough out of the refrigerator. Preheat oven to 425 F.
Coat the tart pans you’re using with a non-stick spray.
Dust counter with gluten-free flour. Potato starch works best, but any gluten-free flour will do.
Take one half of the pastry and roll out to approximately 1/8” thick. Roll the length of the tart pan with 1 1/2” extra dough on each side.
Carefully overlap dough and gently push into tart pan. This might take some practice if this is your first time preparing any type of dough this way.
Using the rolling pin, roll over tart pan and remove extra dough.
If you break the dough in any spot, just take a small piece of extra dough and replace it.
Prick dough with fork. Then par bake for 8 to 10 minutes.
Sauté chopped bacon until crisp. Remove the bacon, leaving 1/2 teaspoon of fat in the pan. Add 1 tablespoon of canola oil and sauté mushrooms, onions, and garlic for approximately 5 minutes.
In a separate bowl, add eggs, cream, thyme, rosemary, salt, and pepper.
Whisk mixture till incorporated.
When vegetables are cooled, add to egg mixture along with both cheeses and the bacon.
Reduce oven temperature to 375 F. Fill each tart pan with egg mixture.
Bake for approximately 30 minutes or until golden brown and center is set.
Enjoy this gluten-free breakfast treat!