From party-ready appetizers to after-school snacks, these gluten-free puff pastry elephant ears are perfect for all kinds of occasions. Make a double batch, because these gluten-free elephant ears disappear quickly!
- 1 package GeeFree Puff Pastry
- gluten-free flour for dusting
- 1 cup olive tapenade or pesto (I like red pepper and artichoke pesto)
- ½ cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 4 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup mozzarella (low moisture), shredded
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- black or white sesame seeds to garnish
- Bring dough to room temperature. Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Make filling first. Mix all ingredients (accept sesame seeds and egg wash). Set aside.
- Dust the countertop. Take 1 sheet of dough, fold in half then half again. Roll out a rectangle approx. ¼” thick.
- Spread half of the filling over the whole rectangle to the edges. Starting from the bottom, roll halfway up. Then from the top, roll halfway down.
- Carefully place in the freezer for 15 minutes to slightly harden. Repeat with second sheet of puff pastry dough.
- Take out of the freezer and carefully cut into half inch pieces.
- Place on a greased sheet pan flat side up. Brush with egg wash than sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown on edges and filling is brown and bubbly.