Make this puff pastry ricotta and orange tart for a special occasion or just because! With rich ricotta and zesty orange, this gorgeous tart is sure to wow.
- 1 package GeeFree Puff Pastry
- gluten-free flour for dusting
- ½ cup orange marmalade (good quality)
- zest of ½ of an orange
- 1 ½ cups ricotta cheese
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 ½ tablespoons orange juice
- 2 eggs (large)
- ¼ cup pine nuts
- confectioners’ sugar for dusting
- rectangular tart pan
- Bring dough to room temperature. Preheat oven to 350°F. Dust the countertop. Grease a rectangular loose-bottomed tart pan.
- Take one sheet of dough and roll it out to approx. ¼” thick. Then use to line prepared pan, trimming to fit.
- Line pastry with parchment paper and fill with pastry weights or rice.
- Blind-bake pastry for 20 minutes, then remove paper and the weights or rice and bake for 5 minutes more. Cool slightly.
- Process filling ingredients in a food processor to combine.
- Spread marmalade over pastry, then cover with the filling.
- Put into oven for 5 minutes then take out and sprinkle pine nuts on top. Put back into oven and bake for 20 minutes until filling is starting to set and turn golden at edges.
- Cool slightly before removing from the pan.
- Serve dusted with confectioners' sugar.