Loaded with flavor, these veggie-packed mini tarts are fun to make and sure to delight. Make these gluten-free puff pastry spinach mushroom tartlets the star of your party menu!
- 1 package GeeFree Puff Pastry
- gluten-free flour for dusting
- 4 tablespoons butter (unsalted)
- 4 cups mushrooms, roughly chopped (any type you like)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 ½ cups onions, chopped
- 1 ½ cups spinach (frozen); thawed, drained well, and chopped
- 1 ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 4 tablespoons gluten-free flour
- 1 ¾ cups heavy cream
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 4 oz. cream cheese (at room temperature)
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese (low moisture; small dice)
Servings: 35-50 Tartlets
- tartlet pan
- biscuit cutter the size of your tartlet pan
- Bring dough to room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Make filling first. Melt butter in a sauté pan then add mushrooms and onions and cook over med heat for 3 minutes or until they are softened.
- Add garlic and cook for another few minutes until onions are translucent and mushrooms are slightly browned.
- Add spinach, salt, pepper and nutmeg. Stir for a minute then add the gluten free flour. Make sure the flour is thoroughly incorporated.
- Add heavy cream and combine. Let it come to a simmer and cook for 2 minutes or until flour is cooked through and filling has thickened.
- Add cream cheese and parmesan cheese. Mix well then add mozzarella cheese and set aside to cool.
- Dust the countertop. Take dough and roll it out to approx. 1/8” thick.
- Use a non-stick spray on the tartlet pans.
- Using the biscuit cutter, cut circles then push them into the tartlet pans. I use the end of a lemon juicer.
- Take the cooled filling and fill each tartlet to the top.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown on edges and filling is brown and bubbly.