Late summer is the perfect time to make this gorgeous gluten-free puff pastry tomato tart. Loaded with fresh tomatoes, mozzarella, and savory spices, this puff pastry tart makes for a deliciously easy meal!
- 1 package GeeFree Puff Pastry
- gluten-free flour for dusting
- 2 pounds tomatoes (any type; different colors are fun), cut into rounds
- 1 pound mozzarella cheese (low moisture)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup mixed vegetables (any type)
- ½ cup onion (sweet), diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon basil, dried
- 1 ½ tsp oregano, dried
- salt and pepper to taste
- drizzle of olive oil
- 1 egg, beaten
- Tart pan
- Bring dough to room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Melt butter in a sauté pan then add vegetables and onions and cook over med heat for 3 minutes or until they are softened.
- Add garlic and cook for another few minutes until onions are translucent and vegetables are slightly browned.
- Add basil, oregano, salt and pepper. Stir for a minute then set aside to cool.
- Dust the countertop. Take dough and roll it out to approx. ¼” thick.
- Use a non-stick spray on the tart pans.
- Roll then cut the dough to the size and shape of the tart pan you are using.
- Gently using your rolling pin, roll the dough onto the rolling pin then unroll onto the pan.
- Carefully set the dough into the tart pan leaving a small edge of dough higher than the edge of the pan.
- Add cooled filling to the tart.
- Layer the mozzarella cheese over the vegetables then layer the tomatoes on top.
- Sprinkle with Salt and pepper. Drizzle with some good olive oil.
- Egg wash the edges and bake for 25-30 minutes or until cheese is melted and the crust is a golden brown.