This rainbow rose veggie tart tastes just as wonderful as it looks. Packed with carrots and zucchini, this gluten-free puff pastry tart is the perfect dish for fall.
- 1 package GeeFree Puff Pastry
- gluten-free flour for dusting
- 15 oz ricotta cheese (1 small container)
- 2 eggs
- 3 oz. parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon oregano, dried
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 4 multi-colored carrots (large)
- 2 zucchini
- 15 cherry tomatoes, halved
- olive oil
- round, loose-bottomed tart pan
- Bring dough to room temperature. Preheat oven to 350°F. Dust the countertop. Grease a round loose-bottomed tart pan.
- Take 1 1/2 sheets of dough and roll it out to approx. ¼” thick. Then use to line prepared pan, trimming to fit leaving about 1/4” lip of dough above the pan.
- Line pastry with parchment paper and fill with pastry weights or rice.
- Blind-bake pastry for 20 minutes.
- While baking, in a bowl, add the eggs, ricotta, grated parmesan cheese, grated nutmeg, salt, pepper, oregano, and the mozzarella cheese. Mix everything up until smooth.
- Slice strips of the zucchini and carrots length-wise using a potato peeler or mandolin. Place the slices in a bowl and cook in the microwave for 1 minute. This step will soften the slices and make them much easier to roll.
- Take the tart out of the oven. Cool for 10 minutes. Spread the cheese mixture on the tart base.
- Take one slice of a vegetable and roll it up very tightly-this will form the core of the rose.
- Take another slice and keep rolling. With around 2-3 slices you should obtain a decent size rose bud.
- Place the bud in the center of the tart, pushing it down into the cheese.
- Keep rolling roses of different colors and place them one next to the other in a spiral formation adding the cut tomatoes in between.
- Brush olive oil on top of the vegetables and bake the tart at 350°F for 45-50 minutes. Let cool then eat.