Whether you fry or bake these gluten-free wontons, they're sure to be a hit with your squad. Serve them for an after school treat or add them to your party menu. No one will guess they're gluten-free!
- 1 package GeeFree Puff Pastry
- gluten-free flour for dusting
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 carrots, shredded
- 3 celery stalks, finely chopped
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- ½ tablespoon ginger, grated
- 1 lb. pork, ground (or any ground protein)
- 2 tablespoons tamari
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 quart canola or vegetable oil
Servings: 20-30 Wontons
- Bring dough to room temperature.
- Make filling first. Add 2 tablespoons oil to a sauté pan then add celery and carrots and cook over med heat for 3-5 minutes or until they are softened.
- Add green onion, garlic and ginger then cook for 1-2 minutes more.
- Remove from the pan and set aside to cool.
- Using the same pan add the remaining 1 tablespoons of oil and brown ground pork.
- When browned add the vegetable mixture back to the pan and add tamari sauce, sesame oil, salt and pepper. Stir untill well incorporated and cool to room temperature. Meanwhile heat oil to 375°F.
- Dust the countertop. Take dough and roll it out to approx. 1/8” thick.
- Cut into squares then take a small amount of filling and put in the center of the square.
- Brush edges with egg wash and fold into a triangle. Press edges.
- Fry in oil for 2 minutes or until golden brown. Drain on paper towel to remove excess oil.
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- After triangles are formed, place on a greased sheet pan and egg wash the tops of the wontons.
- Bake for approx. 20 minutes or until golden brown.