This delicious appetizer is a stunner — and it's sure to impress your guests, whether or not they're gluten-free!
- 1 package of GeeFree Puff Pastry Dough
- gluten-free flour for dusting
- 1 egg, lightly beaten for egg wash
- 8 oz ricotta cheese
- 4 oz mascarpone cheese
- 1 tablespoon basil, dried
- 1 tablespoon oregano, dried
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded (part skim and low moisture)
- 1/4 lb Genoa salami, thinly sliced
- 1/4 lb prosciutto, thinly sliced
- 1/4 lb sweet capicola, thinly sliced
1. Bring dough to room temperature. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper and spray lightly with cooking spray. Dust the countertop with gluten-free flour. Roll out puff pastry dough to approximately 1/8-inch thick and in a rectangle a little smaller than your sheet pan. Carefully transfer the rolled dough (I use a rolling pin) to sheet pan.
3. Mix the ricotta, mascarpone, basil, and oregano together then spread over the dough leaving about a 1/2-inch border. Then cover the dough with the shredded mozzarella.
4. Take meats and layer them as well. You can layer them all in one layer or three, your choice.
5. Starting at the bottom of the sheet pan, carefully roll tightly into a jelly roll ending with seam side down. Egg wash at this time.
6. Take a pair of sharp scissors and cut diagonally every 1/2 inch, being careful not to cut all the way through.
7. Carefully push each section out diagonally.
8. Bake for approximately 35 to 45 minutes or until browned on top and cheese has melted.