Serve these gluten-free lobster roll hand pies for a taste of summer in any season!
- 1 package of GeeFree Puff Pastry Dough
- gluten-free flour for dusting
- 4 tablespoons (half stick) butter, unsalted
- 6 tablespoons gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups (12oz) cooked lobster meat, chopped
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Old Bay seasoning
- 1 egg, lightly beaten for egg wash
- vegetable oil for frying
- Bring dough to room temperature. Heat oil to 375°F.
- In a saucepan, over medium heat, melt butter then add flour and stir till there are no more lumps.
- Add the next 4 ingredients and cook till mixture comes to a simmer and thickens. Set aside to cool.
- Dust counter with gluten free flour. Take dough and roll it out to approximately 1/4 inch thick.
- Cut into rounds or squares then take about 1-2 tablespoons of filling and put in the center of the dough. Brush edges with egg wash and place another round on top. Press edges tightly. You can use a cut-and-seal press as well.
- Fry in oil for 2 minutes or until golden brown. Drain on paper towel to remove excess oil.
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- After pies are formed, place on a greased sheet pan and egg wash the tops.
- Bake for approximately 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
Makes 10-15 hand pies
Sandwich sealer optional