These gluten-free potato bourekas make for hearty after-school snacks or flavor-packed party appetizers!
- 1 package of GeeFree Puff Pastry Dough
- gluten-free flour for dusting
- 12 oz potato flakes + 3 cups hot water + 1 cup warm milk + 1/2 cup melted butter
- 2 lbs. cooked mashed potatoes (however you like them)
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 egg, large
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 12 oz feta cheese
- 8 oz cottage cheese
- salt to taste
- 1 egg for egg wash
- sesame seeds
- Bring dough to room temperature. Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Make filling first. Combine potato flakes plus water, milk, and butter, or use your prepared mashed potatoes.
- Add the rest of the ingredients saving the egg wash and sesame seeds for garnish.
- Dust the countertop. Take dough and roll it out to approximately 1/8 inch thick. Cut dough approximately into 2.5 x 2.5-inch squares, then take a small amount of filling and put in the center of the square.
- Brush edges with egg wash and fold into a triangle. Press edges.
- After triangles are formed, place on a greased sheet pan and egg wash the tops then sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake for approximately 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
Makes 25-35 bourekas