Sweet and seasonal, this gluten-free raspberry mascarpone tart makes for a delicious dessert in spring or summer.
- 1 package of GeeFree Puff Pastry Dough
- gluten-free flour for dusting
- 1/3 cup sugar, plus more for rolling
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest, finely grated
- 1 vanilla bean, seeds scraped OR 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 pints raspberries, fresh
- 1/4 cup sanding sugar
- Bring dough to room temperature. Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Dust the countertop. On a sugared work surface, roll pastry to a 12.5x8.5-inch rectangle, about 1/8 inch thick. Transfer to a parchment lined sheet pan.
- Using a pizza wheel or a sharp knife, cut six 12.5x1-inch strips and six 8.5x1-inch strips for the perimeter of the rectangle. Brush a 1-inch border of egg wash around perimeter of dough and top of strips, overlapping corners and trimming ends to fit. Lightly press each layer of strip to adhere. Freeze for about 15 minutes until firm.
- Using a paring knife, score strips with a pattern of diagonal lines. Using a docking tool or the tines of a fork, prick holes all over center of dough, creating steam vents. Egg wash outer perimeter and sprinkle sanding sugar. Freeze until firm about 15 minutes.
- Bake until puffy and beginning to brown, about 30-40 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool completely.
- In a bowl of a mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, beat together mascarpone, vanilla, lemon zest, and 1/3 cup sugar on medium speed until combined and slightly thickened, about 2 minutes. Add cream and continue beating until stiff peaks form. Spread filling evenly into tart shell.
- Top with raspberries and refrigerate at least 30 minutes before serving.