These gluten-free lox tartlets add an air of sophistication to any party spread — but they're so easy to make and even easier to enjoy!
- 1 package of GeeFree Puff Pastry Dough
- gluten-free flour for dusting
- 1 lb smoked salmon (lox), your favorite type
- 8 oz cream cheese, whipped
- 1 red onion, small
- 1 jar capers, small
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- black pepper to taste
- tartlet pan
- biscuit cutter the size of your tartlet pan
- Bring dough to room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Dust the countertop. Take dough and roll it out to approximately 1/8 inch thick.
- Use a non-stick spray on the tartlet pans. Using the biscuit cutter, cut circles then push them into the tartlet pans.
- I use the end of a lemon juicer. Make sure you dock the tartlets so they don’t puff. You can use the tines of a fork. Bake the tartlet shells for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely.
- Cut salmon into 1x1-inch squares, red onion into 1x1/4-inch strips, thinly slice tomatoes, and rinse capers.
- Pipe about 1 teaspoon of cream cheese into tartlets, place salmon vertically into the cream cheese, then arrange the rest of the items however you like. Grind fresh black pepper on top if desired.
Makes 35-50 tartlets