Ideal for Thanksgiving or any fall or winter gathering, these gluten-free sweet potato tartlets are sure to please!
- 1 package of GeeFree Puff Pastry Dough
- gluten-free flour for dusting
- 3 lbs. sweet potatoes, baked, peeled and mashed
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup pecans, chopped and toasted
- 1 bag mini marshmallows
- tartlet pan
- biscuit cutter the size of your tartlet pan
- Bring dough to room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Make filling first. Mix all ingredients except puff pastry dough, flour, pecans, and marshmallows.
- Dust the countertop. Take dough and roll it out to approximately 1/8 inch thick.
- Use a non-stick spray on the tartlet pans. Using the biscuit cutter, cut circles, then push them into the tartlet pans. Dock the tartlets so they don’t puff. You can use the tines of a fork.
- Fill tartlet shells with sweet potato mixture, then bake for 25-30 or until golden brown.
- Sprinkle with pecan pieces, and top them with a few mini marshmallows. Optional: use a kitchen torch to brown the marshmallows. Serve the tartlets cold or at room temperature.
Makes 35-50 tartlets