- 1 18-oz. package GeeFree puff pastry dough
- 1 tablespoon sugar (or any granular substitute)
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten (for egg wash)
- 4 or more cups canola oil (or any oil for frying)
- round cookie cutter (use size that will cut to fit around the cannoli form)
- cannoli forms
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 2/3 cup sugar (or any granular substitute)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- mini semi-sweet chocolate chips (optional)
- chopped pistachios (optional)
- sprinkles (optional)
Take the dough out of freezer the night before and place it in the refrigerator.
When you’re ready to start the recipe, take the dough out of the refrigerator. Preheat oil to 375 F.
Take one sheet of dough and place the sugar and cinnamon in the middle of the sheet. Fold in half, and then fold again.
Dust counter with gluten-free flour. Potato starch works best, but any gluten-free flour will do.
Begin to knead the dough, mixing all the ingredients thoroughly.
Flatten the ball of dough slightly and cut it in half.
Take one half and roll out to approximately 1/8” thick. Dust as needed.
Use a round cutter, and cut as many circles as you can. Re-roll the dough till finished, and then repeat with other half of dough.
Mold cut-out circle of dough around cannoli form, making sure that you seal the ends extremely well. Brush on some of the egg wash to keep the cannoli shell sealed.
Place carefully into oil and fry for 4 minutes.
Take cannoli out of pot and drain off excess oil.
Let cool to room temperature, and then remove cannoli form.
When cannoli shells are cooled, mix filling ingredients and put into a piping bag. Fill each cannoli and add any optional treats to the ends of the cannoli.
Most importantly, eat and enjoy! And yes…these are gluten-free!