Cook Time 20 minutes
- 1 sheet of GeeFree puff pastry
- 2 Tablespoons of potato starch (or other preferred gluten-free flour) for dusting and rolling
- 1 large avocado (firm but not hard) split, pit removed, peeled, and thinly sliced
- 8 slices of smoked salmon (8oz)
- 1 small handful of Frisee or baby arugula
- A few thin slices of red onion
- 1 teaspoon of baby capers, drained of brine
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 5 teaspoons of sour cream
- Cracked black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon chili flakes (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375F/190C.
- Line a baking sheet with a piece of parchment paper.
- Using a rolling pin, roll pastry to desired thickness with a little potato starch to prevent sticking (roughly half the thickness in which it comes in), and place onto prepared baking sheet. Using a fork puncture the pastry all over to prevent rising whilst cooking.
- Place into the oven and bake for 15–20 minutes or until golden and puffed, and remove from oven.
- Whilst hot, place the avocado slices over the pastry base evenly, then layer the salmon slices. Scatter the Frissee, red onion, and capers over top and then drizzle with olive oil and top with cracked black pepper, chili flakes and spoons of sour cream.
Recipe courtesy of Chef Jason Roberts in partnership with GeeFree